Slumdog Millionaires directed by Daniel Boyle was released in November 2008, adding to the movie success aligned is its music success. The music is composed by Indian musical Hero A.R Rahman. The movie was awarded for its best original score, he was the first Indian to bag a Golden Globe Award, off course all the credits to Rahman. There are 13 tracks in the movie, 10 by rahman, one by M.I.A , one being a copied song from a Hindi movie. Here goes my review.
1.Ringa Ringa – Great mix of Indian music, sort of bangra types. The song feature Alka Yagnik, the voice and the improvisation is fabulous.
2. Riots – Brilliantly taken over right from the start, the track is unique and great blend of music.
3. Dreams of Fire – Melody track, sung by suzanne. This is my favourite song from the movie. Smooth, modern and transformational music.
4. Gansta Blues – Sung by of rahman’s fav singer Blaaze, is a Hip-hop kind off song.
5. Jai Ho – is a Hindi song, is performed on memories of rahman’s friend.
6. Latika’s Theme – The theme is an musical version of ‘dreams of fire’, exceptionally delicate track to listen. The synchronization of sounds is perfect in the song.
7. Liquid Dance – Techno Sounds, modernized Indian music is all i can say. The conflating nature of music has to be applauded.
8. Mausam & Escape – Traditional indian music, the veena been used impressively. The progressive, fashionable and the traditional amalgamation is fabulous.
9. Millionaire – Techno babble.
10. Paper Planes – Composed by M.I.A. This is the coolest among all. Trendy and Voguish.
11. Paper Planes (DFA Mix) – Funky track, Remix is perfect.
12. O..sayya – The song is like a expedient. Sung by rahman himself and M.I.A
13. Aaj Ki Rat – Its a song from a Hindi movie ‘DON’
To conclude, all the track is completely varied from one another, from Hip-hop to Indian music. Coalesce is the music of Slumdog milionaire.